Friday 4 October 2013

Anyone know a good sports psychologist?




Pressure's starting to get to me… Paranoid about my knee giving out half way round, so much so that I bought some strapping for it yesterday. Out on a short run tonight to test it out - my knee that is, not the strapping. Could go either of two ways - no twinges tonight and I'll be full of confidence for Sunday, but if the pain comes back I'll get depressed and be full of trepidation!  

Then the thought occurred to me - what if I can't make it round?  Then I broke in to a cold sweat at the thought that I might have to give all the money back! Sounds like I might need a session with a sports psychologist!

The good news is that the weather is supposed to be good for the weekend, although that's difficult to imagine right now with the rain hammering down outside.

Still, I'm well beyond the point of no return now, what will be will be!

More tomorrow with the prognosis on my knee...

And to think there was a point when I thought I might even have a go at the full 26 mile version! Not sure that's going to happen any time soon now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment